Hydrangeas aren’t just pretty, they’re fascinating flowers. As we stay at home and dream of spring, we dug up eight essential(ly fun) facts about Hydrangeas.
1) Hydrangeas are known commonly as the “pom pom” flower.
2) Hydrangeas grow everywhere, from Muskoka to Malibu, to Timbuktu.
3) In Asia, giving a friend a pink hydrangea symbolizes that you are the beat of their heart.
4) Hydrangeas are one of our thirstiest flowers. Keep them hydrated always.
5) Did you know hydrangeas are moderately toxic? Don’t eat them for dinner.
6) In Japan these pom poms are known as “Mountain Hydrangeas”. They originate in the mountainous areas of Japanese islands.
7) There are 70+ varieties of hydrangeas and they come in all kinds of colours. Our favourite is blue, but you may have guessed that.
8) Did you know that the one that blooms both summer and fall is called “Endless Summer”? Perfect for Muskoka.