A dunk-worthy cookie recipe for your Halloween pumpkin leftovers:
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled for at least 10 minutes (113g)
- ½ cup sugar (100g)
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar tightly packed (70g)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree (73g)
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose (plain) flour (190g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar (50g)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar and stir until well-combined. Add pumpkin and stir well.
- Stir in egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt until well-combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet until ingredients are well-combined.
- Cover cookie dough with clear wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 45 minutes.
- One dough is nearly finished chilling, preheat oven to 350F (175C) and prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper. Prepare your cinnamon sugar mixture by whisking together ¼ cup sugar and 2 tsp ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and scoop into 1 ½ Tablespoon-sized balls. Roll briefly between your palms until smooth and then roll through cinnamon sugar and transfer to prepared cookie sheet, spacing at least 2″ apart.
- Bake cookies in a 350F oven for 10-12 minutes. Keep your remaining dough refrigerated while cookies are baking and do not place cookie dough on a hot baking sheet.
- Allow baked cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet before enjoying.
Source: SugarSpunRun.com Photo: Nathan Dumlao, Unsplash